baby

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

leaving and left behind

a good friend of mine has finally took the same decision I took.
he decided to leave his comfort zone in PE, leaving his team members, and trying his luck in a new company, a more established and organized one, hoping he'll get a better future there.

when he told me that he has made his mind, some thoughts popped up in my mind.

first one was, "wah..it's a great loss for PE"
I'd say it's a great loss because he's someone very smart despite of his age (gue jd agak berasa tua kalo ngebandingin umur sama dia :p), he's able to catch up with new technology, created various applications, etc etc, even though he had a mobile phone with very bad camera quality so the picture we took wasn't good enuf, hihihiii...

he's someone that in many ways remind me of myself :p.
can finish the tasks with very tight deadline, though eventually we found out later that we missed some configuration :p (ceroboh! ceroboh!!)
able to work under pressure.
able to work in team or individually.
and I do think that he has some leading capability as well, so he's someone that I'd recommend to replace my position few years ago when I left Ig, or someone that I'd recommend to partners/clients who were looking for a capable programmer, someone that I can offload my work without have to worry.

so, it is a great loss for PE :)

second thought was, "welehh, gimana perasaannya si om ndut ya?" :p
because I knew that it was hard enough for him to know that I'm resigning, and now having another one will follow after, hmmmm....

I think when your co-worker decided to resign, somehow you will feel....gimanaaaa gitu.
at least that's for me.
me being as an easily influenced person :p, sometimes I feel down when one of my co-workers resign, specially when he/she is a good friend of mine.
I always feel like "why am I staying in this company while he/she doesn't think that this is a good company and move to another one already?? ooohhh noo..I'm left behind!"

while the fact is, it's not always the case.
sometimes people resign just because he/she got another very good offer (like me, for example :p), or even if he/she thinks that this is not a good company to build future at, it might be a different case for you who's being left behind :p

so, om ndut, papana felice, papinya reine, HS (penjahat banget nih satu, pake initial, hihihi)...no worries, do not feel like you're being left behind or whatsoever.
stick on your own path and don't get easily influenced by us :p

and what about us who's leaving? aren't we not feeling....gimanaaaaa gitu?
of course we are.

leaving a company is not that hard, but leaving the people inside is not that easy :)
especially when you're attached to those people.

this comes to my other thought which was, "yaaaa, akhirnya bubar juga.." :)
when I resigned from Ig last time, it was quite hard to leave those guys, but somehow I think I always knew that we'll get back together someday, because we (who has resigned from Ig) did kind of have an intention to hijack the left behind guys to join us in PE, hehehehe...

but now, it's a different case.
while I finally decided to go back to Ig, this good friend of mine is not coming with me to Ig too (beneraaaannn, dia kagak gue tarik atau ikut2an gue ke Ig koq! :p), he's trying his luck in another company.

which means we're going our own way now :), only a bit split up though because the others are still together at PE (and I don't have any intention to hijack them back to Ig :p, I even told them that even if they apply, I might reject them, hahaha..takuuuuttt boo sama PE :p)

oh, anyway, all the best for you, my dear friend.
as I've said, you're someone brilliant so I believe you'll be success in everything you do :)
semoga cepet kaya, cepet married, cepet punya anak biar nanti bisa belajar coding bareng2 kiefe, felice, reine dan calon baby-nya om ndut :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?